Hong Kong Hakomi Training, Hakomi Education Network, starting 2013
Second Module – Sept 6-9, 2013
In this Second Module of the training we will continue to deepen our focus on the Hakomi principles of loving presence, mindfulness, and spaciousness. This will be taught experientially with opportunities for personal work as well as opportunities to participate in supporting others. We will offer an overview of the Hakomi Method, and encourage students to begin to integrate the Hakomi principles into their lives.
- Understand the theory and practical application of Hakomi mindfulness-based therapy
- Demonstrate state of mind skills as a “helping person” (loving presence, spaciousness, experimental attitude)
- Use mindfulness in a Hakomi session as a client and as a practitioner
- Create and offer therapeutic experiments in Hakomi sessions
- Receive/offer emotional nourishment as a client and as a practitioner
- Lecture on the Hakomi Method, including large group discussion
- Experiential exercises to explore aspects of Hakomi
- Demonstrations of and supervision of whole Hakomi sessions
Feedback, Coaching and Performance Appraisal
- After experiential exercises, students will share experiences and ideas in a small group
- The whole group meets throughout the day to share experiences
- After 45 full days of Hakomi practice, students who are interested can further their study of Hakomi through joining a Peer Study Group, and receiving coaching and supervision from trainers. Students can thenapply for Certification as a Hakomi Practitioner.
The specific location in Hong Kong is to be announced. Timing of the days will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
HK$4,000 (or $1,000 per day for a minimum of 2 days)
Email Grace Chiu at email@example.com